In an e-mail sent to all payroll and tax agents, HM Revenue and Customs have stated that the online portal for businesses to file claims for furloughed employees will be available from 20th April 2020.
This will come as welcome news to small and medium sized businesses alike who are suffering from cash-flow problems due to the Coronavirus epidemic.
The service will not be available to file only agents. HM Revenue and Customs state that file only agents will not be able to access the service due to data protection reasons.
HM Revenue and Customs state that the following information will be required for each employee for which a refund under the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme is requested:
- National Insurance Number
- Salary Paid
- Employers National Insurance Contribution
- Employers Pension Contribution
You will also need:
- The bank account number and sort code you would like the payment to be made to.
- The name and telephone number of the person in your business for HM Revenue and Customs to call if there are any questions.
- Your self assessment unique tax reference number, company unique tax reference number or company registration number
- The total amount being claimed for all employees and the total furlough period.
If Amlink Limited prepare your payroll and we hold only “Limited Authorisation”, we will contact you shortly to obtain “Full Authorisation” should you wish us to process claims on your behalf.
Source: HM Revenue and Customs